Scientific Name: Turdus migratorius
The American Robin is the state bird of Connecticut, Michigan and Wisconsin, the American Robin is a familiar songbird in the thrush family. They exist in towns and woodlands, and are commonly seen on suburban lawns exhibiting their “running and stopping” actions as they collect their morning worms.
The America Robin eats diverse things throughout the day, including earthworms in the morning, and fruits and berries in the late afternoon. They are frequently lively during the day when the birds feed on fruits and berries in smaller groups. They gather in great flocks at night to settle in trees in secluded areas. During the summer, the American robin defends a breeding territory and is less social.
The American Robin’s diet generally consists of small insects, earthworms, beetle grubs, caterpillars, grasshoppers, and wild fruits such as berries. Their ability to switch to berries allows them to fly much farther north than most other birds.
The average life span of an American Robin is about 2 years, with a few living as long as 14 years. Robins are considered a representation of spring. The color of their eggs coined the name Robin’s Egg Blue. American Robins are especially affectionate of bathing, and are very engrossed with backyard garden bird baths.
Distinctive Features: ruddy-orange breast and belly, white under tail coverts, dark head with semi-circle white eye hoop, marked throat, black back and wings, mainly yellow bill, the adolescent is paler in color with dark spots on its breast.
Male & Female Characteristics: the male’s colors are brighter and his head is black, where the female’s head is gray.
April – July, 2 -3 broods per season, one of the earliest North American birds to lay eggs.
Migration: most travel south to Florida, the Gulf Coast, central Mexico and Pacific Coast, returning north in February and March.
Related American Robin accessories that you will need:
- Kids and adults love this bird stuffed animal and are captivated by its realistic sound. They are also great baby toys and used as sensory toys.
- With one squeeze, Audubon birds produce beautifully authentic bird calls provided by the Cornell lab of Ornithology's bird recording archives.
- Designed in partnership with the Audubon Society, this plush toy has realistic details, and its American Robin call will be music to your ears.
- Great gift idea for the avid bird watcher, or as an educational toy for kids. Your child will enjoy playing with these bird stuffed animals.
- Audubon birds are about 5 inches in size, and this robin's high-quality materials make it durable enough to withstand hours of fun.
- BIRD LOVER'S DELIGHT - Unique, artisanal figure faithfully detailed to delight ornithology enthusiasts; comes in a gift box and includes informational mini-booklet
- DURABLE AND DECORATIVE - Hand-carved from lime wood and painted with eco-friendly paints; can be used indoors or outdoors
- ABOUT THE BIRD - A harbinger of spring, the American Robin is easily recognized by its rusty orange breast, yellow bill, and cheerful, trilling voice
- ORIGIN - Guided by ornithologists; designed in Sweden by Wildlife Garden; produced in China
- DIMENSIONS - Measures 7.28-inches long by 1.88-inches wide by 5.23-inches high and weighs 0.19-pounds
- Artificial Bird
- Comes on a strong metal clip
- Perfect for Crafting
- Made in China
- Robin Ha
- Balzer + Bray
- Edition no. Illustrated (01/28/2020)
- Paperback: 240 pages
- True To Nature
- Artificial Bird
- Perfect for crafting
- Made in China
- Lisa J. Amstutz
- Capstone Press
- Paperback: 24 pages
- Value: This American Robin bird plush toy clip has a realistic design and is made on specially printed fabric to last through all your adventures
- Chirp at your creativity: come and fly away into your imagination with this bird stuffed animal
- Small but mighty size: Wild Republic toys for kids come in many different shapes and sizes. This bird plush measures 4"
- Multi-use toy: whether you're looking for a backpack clip, travel toy, or bird party supplies This bird plush clip does it all
- Safe product: American Robin bird supporters of all ages can enjoy clipping on this bird plush to their belongings
- Add a touch of nature to your home decor projects with this set of cute and colorful robins.
- The ideal size to use on decorative birdhouses, wreaths, garlands, floral arrangements and more.
- The 3 birds come with clips to easily attach. You will receive them individually packed.
- This beautiful red breasted robin is a lovely addition to your creative project.
- Measures 2 inches high and 4 inches long.
- Valerie Tripp
- American Girl
- Paperback: 96 pages
- ULTIMATE CLARITY - The 8" crystal clear high definition color display ensures a sharp, crisp image displaying the full color spectrum with a 170° viewing angle that can be seen from all sides of the room. Choose from custom or preloaded display themes.
- RECONSTRUCTED DESIGN - Thoughtfully developed user interface and easy-access side buttons make this clock ideal for seniors. The smart design allows for placement in the bedroom, kitchen or bathroom and a sleep button is perfect for those midday naps.
- ALARMS, REMINDERS, CUSTOM MESSAGING - Create as many alarms as you need. Adjust volume, length, sounds and messaging. Automatically adjusts for Daylight Saving Time with a worldwide schedule built-in. Adjust each alarms and message separately.
- TALKING CLOCK - One touch button announces the day and time in a loud, clear voice. You can also schedule periodic time announcements, as well as screen reminders such as birthdays, events and holidays. Choose from 20+ preloaded events or write your own.
- THE PERFECT GIFT - Packaging and manual absent of words such as 'dementia' and 'memory loss'. Ideal as a retirement gift to sensitive elders or loved ones. Enjoy US customer service, such as a US based one year warranty and US based phone support.